What to Bring
Your consultation with Martin-Schwartz Family Law will be much more productive if we are provided certain documents. If you have a large number of documents, please make copies prior to your arrival, so we can spend the consultation time discussing your case, rather than making copies. If you do not have access to all of the documents, you can bring them to our office later. Prior to the consultation, fill out a case intake sheet and email it to us.
- Your Domestic Financial Affidavit filled out.
- Tax returns, W2s, 1099s, and documentation of income of you and your spouse for the past 5 years.
- Recent statements for IRA, 401-K or other retirement and/or pension plans for you and your spouse.
- Any evidence such as pictures, tapes, recordings or other evidence that corroborates what you are alleging (such as infidelity, domestic violence, financial irresponsibility, etc.).
- Any information relating to the marital home — mortgages, tax assessed value, appraisals, etc.
- All recent bank statements for both spouses, showing the current balance.
- Any pleadings that have been filed in the current case, or in any related case.